My quest to experience London and surrounds on £20 a day has very strict rules!
The figure doesn’t include rent, but it must cover all bills and travel and I am not allowed to become a hermit on a rationed diet – I must have a life. My definition of ‘a life’ may differ greatly from yours (dear reader) and thus I write, as evidence, my intentions thereof:
- While I’m living in London (the other side of the world), I must enjoy my time here and take advantage of opportunities to do cool stuff and travel to lovely places.
- I will continue my sports and activities, which tend to be on the expensive side, such as corde lisse.
- Enjoy great food.
- I am to live as ethically and sustainably as I can, which means I:
- Buy organic, local and unpackaged as much as possible.
- Pay what things are worth – no shopping in Primark or wheedling unfair bargains.
- Take the train to holiday destinations. No cheap flights!
Your thoughts (dear reader) are most welcome.